THE BCH ARCHIVE

LOCAL HISTORY FOR

BIRTSMORTON

CASTLEMORTON

HOLLYBUSH

And The Surrounding District

Bricklands

An Evangelical Mission had been held in various places in Castlemorton and had to quit its last location in March 1903. A suitable hall was erected at Bricklands, the home of Silas Weaver and opened on 24 June 1904 for worship. On 9 January 1911 a lease and trust deed were completed, safeguarding the Mission. The Trustees were Henry Thorpe, Martin Wilesmith, George Rice, Alfred Hart, Andrew Warren, James Lessimore, Silas Weaver and Miss Taylor (Superintendant).